Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jakarta Airport, I hate you!

We had an 8 hour layover in the Jakarta Airport over night and it was my least favorite part of this trip. So it starts out me and Bri are looking for a place we can lay down and get some sleep. They have benches that have a big bar in the middle of them so that you can't lay down on them. Every single bench is like that! So we end up finding a nice piece of concrete floor in a dark corner with out much traffic. We put out our sleeping bags and went to sleep. I was also really sick at the time I had the flu or something. So not only did I wake up with a pounding headache 2 hours later but for some reason Justin Beiber was on repeat in the background .Who plays Justin Beiber at 4 in the morning!? My head hurt so bad I couldn't lay down so I sat, I watched the Dunkin Doughnuts open up, I watched a bunch of people staring at us. Its like they never saw people sleeping in an airport before. Then I had a coughing attack but I had no more water so I went to the Dunkin Doughnuts lady to try to get some orange juice, it was about 5 in the morning at this point. But I had no Indonesian money because everything was closed. I offered the woman every currency in my wallet which at that point was about 3 or 4 but she just kept looking at me like I was crazy and wouldn't give me any juice. And all this time Bri was fast asleep unaware of my growing hatred. It was a rough part of the trip and neddless to say I was quite cranky for awhile but it can't be all good all the time and I survived. But I still hate Jakarta Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment